Noom Mood Review
Updated · Oct 18, 2022
Best for: Anyone that’s struggling with anxiety and stress.
What Is Noom Mood?
Noom Mood is a digital product that combines psychology and technology to help users manage stress, anxiety and improve their overall mental health. People are led to understand the source of their stress, why it causes them to feel that way, and how to handle it.
To sum up, the Noom Mood Program is for everyone struggling with coping with life’s daily hassles and anxiety.
How It Works
Noom mood is not a replacement for therapy, nor does it prescribe any form of medication. Instead, a series of well-targeted questions determines a user's main stressors. It shows them better ways to handle these things.
The whole process is self-paced and centered around awareness and mindfulness.
Signing up on Noom mood platform is easy. Users are required to fill in a questionnaire. The app acts as a gentle guide, offering reassurances.
It then drafts a plan, based on your answers. It shows you a graph of your current stress levels and how the program will decrease them over a period of four months.
Then, you have to pay. You can do so via the website or mobile app. But, the daily program can only be done on the app.
Ease of Use
I used the Noom Mood Android version, and I had no problem navigating it. The design is so simple. There aren’t that many buttons, so I got the hang of everything in just a few minutes of setting it up.
Noom mood app is only available for Android and iOS mobile devices. It could work on tablets and iPads, but the best experience is on mobile. You need at least iOS 10.3.3 and Android version 6.
There is a chat available on the website, but you’ll be talking to a bot. I got a response from Clarence immediately after I sent a message. She was very helpful, and her tone was kind. The chatbot is available 24/7.
All assistance is rendered by your designated Noom Mood coach on the app. They usually respond quickly, even if they aren’t online.
Most Noom Mood reviews praise the coaches.
Noom Mood Pricing
Noom offers a two weeks trial, but it’s not free. They require you to pay a small amount before you’re eligible to use it. The plus side is that you can choose the amount you can afford for the free trial. The options available include;
Noom uses this to compensate their coaches during the trial period. After this, Noom mood will cost $149 every four months.
If you are not satisfied with the service, you can request your money back. If this is the case, you can reach out to your coach, and they’ll walk you through the process.
Pros and Cons
As with everything, you need to consider the advantages and disadvantages. Let me help:
Here’s why you should consider the app:
- It offers a highly personalized plan. There is also no pressure on Noom mood. They don’t send reminders unless you enable them. All activities are done at your pace. You can easily skip a day or two.
- The experts don’t sugarcoat things and won’t try to force you into a positive attitude. They will find the core issue that brings you stress and teach you how to deal with it.
- Having a Noom Mood personal coach to is extremely useful. The daily programs are self-explanatory. But, it’s good to know that there’s someone available to help when you need it.
- The experts use proven psychological methods to help you develop a healthier mind. So, you’ll learn to handle bad situations better.
- I really enjoyed the human feel of the program. The preloaded Noom Mood lessons are not robotic, so it almost feels like texting with a knowledgeable older friend.
As you have probably guessed, it’s not all sunshine and roses. You should keep in mind that:
- While the app is easy to navigate, the interface is rather basic. Before downloading, I expected a much better design, and I was slightly let down by what I saw. Aesthetics isn’t everything, but it matters a lot in keeping users’ attention.
- I’m not too fond of the Noom Mood pricing structure. They bill users every four months, but there should be a monthly payment option. Although they offer a money-back guarantee, it’s still better to have more flexible subscription plans.
- Sometimes, the app shuts down while you’re using it. If you don’t have a lot of phone memory, you could encounter this problem.
Does Norm Mood Truly Work?
The truth is that no one solution works for everyone. Several factors contribute to a person getting maximum results from Noom Mood. For example, a user could need anxiety medications along with the program.
But, they certainly put effort into this program. The Noom Mood techniques are thorough, and the experts’ approach - individual. With the help of psychology and technology, they deliver helpful tips and activities geared towards improving the users’ mental well-being. So, while Noom Mood might not work for everyone, it won’t hurt.
Noom Mood Review - Verdict
Their app might not be the sleekest, but it is certainly functional. The self-paced method of dealing with stress from the root cause gives it bonus points.
I liked every bit of my Noom Mood activities. In addition, I enjoyed talking to my assigned coach. There was no awkwardness at all! The general tone around Noom is encouraging, matter of factly, and friendly.
There is still more work to be done on the app’s interface to make it look more pleasing to the eye. Additionally, the fact that it’s only available in the US is limiting. Perhaps Noom mood will roll out to other countries soon.
All in all, it’s a solid mental wellness program.
I hope this Noom Mood review has answered any questions you have about the program.
Eve is a lover of everything technology. Figuring out how software works and creating content to shed more light on the value it offers users is her favorite past time. When not evaluating apps or programs, she's busy trying out new healthy recipes, doing yoga, meditating, or taking nature walks with her little one.
Your email address will not be published.